Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Introduction

As a member of the auto glass industry I want to do a little part to educate the public about auto glass safety.  I will also be using this forum to discuss industry issues.  There are many forums where the direction of this industry are being shaped.  I am but a small drop in a big pond.  Most of these education efforts for consumers will be directed at my friends and family.  I hope they will pass this information on and that I can serve the greater good for our industry and our customers.

There are many industry topics I am eager to discuss in the near future.  I want to tackle the discussion that this industry needs to have about the future of its energy consumption.  Most industry mobile service vehicles are pouring between 700 and 900 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere with every tank of fossil fuel burned.  I am looking forward to contributing to the discussions on safety in the replacement of auto glass.  This industry has made great strides in just a few years, but we are not there yet.  I want to look at how the economy is affecting this industry. This is just a short list to get started.  

No comments: