Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Call to the AGR Industry

If you haven't already figured it out, I am a proponent of changing the way we power our lives.  This includes not only our homes, but our businesses as well.  I don't think anyone can rationally argue for retaining our dependence on foreign oil.  Therefore it is time to move forward and repower our economy with new energy policies.  I don't know all of the answers, but we can band together to find the right answers and move into a new era of prosperity and clean air.

I estimate that Belron emits roughly 6.5 million pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere every 24 to 36 hours.  That is with 8000 to 9000 mobile service vehicles globally.  Now think about every other AGR company out driving around to replace auto glass.  This is a huge problem.  

There is huge pressure on the automotive industry to change the way they power vehicles.  I think it is time for the AGR industry to lead the way and repower America and the world.  I support both the We Campaign and the Pickens plan.  I think the Pickens plan is more realistic considering the current financial crisis.  

It is time for this industry to work with auto manufacturers to create a vehicle that can meet the needs of mobile AGR.  Not only must the vehicle be environmentally friendly, it must be able to power the technicians tools, and shop vacs.  It will have to have significant range which means electric is currently not viable.  I think natural gas in combination with solar power is a way to move forward.  The vehicle can move between jobs powered by natural gas, and use a small solar panel to power tools for the job.  The natural gas motor can back up the solar power system if necessary.

I call on all AGR business owners, managers, and executives to look at ways we can begin to lower our industries footprint on our planet.




1 comment:

Windshield Heroes said...

I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now. 24 Hour Windshield Replacement